Daniela joined our team back in May and has since become an integral part of the Zavitz Insurance & Wealth family. Working side by side with Terry, Daniela offers our clients amazing customer service and incredible insurance product knowledge having worked for London Life for over 20 years. We have put her under the spotlight, so that you can get to know Daniela a little bit better.
1. What drew you to a career at Zavitz Insurance & Wealth (ZIW)?
With my insurance background, I felt I would be a great fit and would be able to easily transition into the role of advisor assistant.
2. What have you gained from working at ZIW?
Working with a small team can easily feel like a family; everyone wants to help each other out; and the importance of attention to detail and patience when dealing with clients. Working in a large corporation where you are not dealing with clients on a daily basis, allows you to forget how to be patient and understanding.
3. What are 3 words you would use to describe Terry?
Smart, Dedicated, Funny
4. What career would you do, if you were not doing this?
Baker – I love to bake and have always dreamed of owning my own bake shop.
5. What is your favourite family tradition?
We eat dinner together every night. We usually wait for everyone to get home… unless they will be super late.
6. How do you balance your career and family?
I don’t bring work home. When I’m home I concentrate on what my family needs.
7. What are 3 career lessons you’ve learned thus far?
1. Work hard for what you want and make sure your leader knows what you are after, so they can help you formulate a plan to get there. 2. When you are not challenged in your role, it’s time to find a new one. 3. Work/Life balance is a MUST!
8. What are your hopes for our industry?
This is a tough one. I would say for Insurance to be affordable for all. I believe there are still too many uninsured Canadians.
9. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
The sun. It puts me in a happy mood. When it’s gray outside I don’t even want to leave the house.